Friday, November 16, 2012

Grateful and Thankful Day 16 - Molly

Today I am grateful and thankful for modern technology.

As much as I get annoyed by the Internet and its many services.

I am so grateful for what it allows me to do.

And lately, I am have felt particularly thankful for things like Facebook, Instragram, Pinerest, blogs, text messages and even all the crazy emails I get.

I love that I can be a part of my family and friends lives while so far away.

I love that I can see their children's faces.
Be a part of their special events.
Hear their exciting news/announcements.
Share in their trials and anguish.
And know what is going on when it is going on.

I love that I can be inspired by quotes, crafts, decor and fashion.
I love that cooking dinner got a little bit more interesting and fun.

I love the quickness of being able to converse or respond.
Hear/read their feelings and thoughts.
Be a part of their adventures and get led on new ones of my own.

Status updates can get lengthy, information can be overshared...
but being a constant part of so many people's lives amazes me.

I have been able to reconnect with people from my past.
I have maintained relationships.
I have created so many new friendships.

All because of this new technology.

If you sit still and just think about what has changed in the past few years, it is a bit mind blowing.

Yes, it's excessive...yes, we are a bit obsessive, 
and yes, we all could step back a bit and reexamine the amount of time we spend using these devices, 
but in the end, they have changed our lives forever.

So today, I am grateful and thankful these elements of modern technology, 
because without them,
I would miss out on so much.

***so to all my friends, keep posting, taking pictures, blogging etc...I love being a part of your lives. I love seeing the joy and sorrow in each day of your everydays. I love when it makes me laugh out loud, and even when it makes me cry. 
 And I love that it makes me miss you everyday.


No comments: