Sunday, November 11, 2012

Grateful and Thankful Day 11 - Molly

Today some fabulous ladies all gathered together for Haylee's Baby Shower.
Yes, our sweet Haylee is in the final few months of her pregnancy and the ninja is doing quite well.

It's amazing to believe that he's almost here. 
Time has flown.
She's at 32 weeks.
(I would have been 36.)

She's glowing. If you don't already know what's going on with her, you can check her out on her family blog.

I won't lie and say that I wasn't hesitant in attending.
Haylee knows me well enough to respect that yes, it might be a difficult event to attend.
But she also knows me well enough to know that my feelings for her (and the ninja) are greater.

Once again, I was worried about being "that girl".
I was worried that everyone would be worried about me or unsure of how to act/react around me.

I was greeted with much of the opposite.

The moment I walked into the party, I felt nothing but love, support and understanding.
I felt safe.

People were kind.
And mostly just happy to see me.

And that made me happy.
That lifted the weight off my shoulders.
That allowed me to enjoy her baby shower (and baby showers haven't always been something I have enjoyed.)

I met some wonderful people.
I reconnected with some wonderful people.

I celebrated one of my favorite people.

So today, I am grateful and thankful for something relatively small, sort of simple.

I am grateful and thankful that I didn't cry.
That I didn't have hard feelings.
That my heart wasn't heavy.
That I was truly happy and excited for my friend.
And that I was able to show her that.

Happy Baby Shower Haylee and Ninja-boy!
I am grateful and thankful for you!

No comments: