Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Temptations - Molly

Day 5. Feeling pretty good, but I am a little tired today (compared to the burst of energy I had yesterday). Don't think that's food related, but probably related to my exercise schedule. Teaching late in the evenings can make for a tired morning - especially after you add CrossFit and yoga into the mix. Still adjusting....

Another fabulous meal tonight.

Flank steak marinated in red wine vinegar and garlic. Grilled and served with a zucchini, pepper, onion, bacon and tomato hash, grilled asparagus drizzled with balsamic vinegar as the final touch. A bowl of blueberries topped me off in the end.

Balsamic vinegar is my life source at this point. It is perfect on everything!

But don't get me wrong - temptations are everywhere.

What I wouldn't give for a ball of cookie dough or maybe some cinnamon bears (they are the way to my heart). YUM!

So I am guessing I have hit the "craving" stage. My body is finally flushing out all the bad.....and now it wants more of it. This must be what it's like to detox :).

I went to a party yesterday. A birthday party at that. Temptations were everywhere - but they mostly hit hard when she started serving ice cream with hot fudge, sprinkles and a cherry to boot!

I LOVE A GOOD ICE CREAM SUNDAE!!!

But like the good friend she is, she made sure to have other options for me. So I noshed on grilled burgers with avocado and fresh tomato and LOTS of watermelon. Good thing she knows how to pick them!

resisting the chips was hard!!!
I have a feeling the excitement of the whole30 is starting to wear off and the real work is beginning. How are my whole30-ers holding up? Any temptations? Any tricks to warding them off? Are you in the "craving" stage too?

Stay strong!

Stay off the scale and sit down and enjoy your meals. Making a connection with the food will make this experience all the better.

I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments: