Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back To My Mat - Molly

I am finally finding some consistent time on my mat again. And it feels nice to have yoga back in my life.

After our miscarriage I took 4 classes and then I fell absent to my mat. It was just too hard and too emotional. I couldn't stand to look in the mirror at myself. All I ever could see were my flaws, my shame, my misery.

But with the start of my whole30, I also challenged myself to get back on my mat at LEAST 3 times a week. It was time to take another step forward in the healing process.

So far, so good.

I finally feel like my mind has slowed down. I finally feel okay with my thoughts and less afraid to be brought to tears. I finally can look at myself again.

How I have missed my mat. 

Not only have I missed my practice,  I have missed the community yoga has brought me and continues to bring me everyday.

My fellow teachers, students and colleagues have been so welcoming, so understanding and so supportive of my journey. I feel more connected to them and more exposed to who I really am. I feel embraced and lifted up each time I step into the studio, each time I get on my mat.

um, wouldn't we all want to go?
 So to my yoga peeps (spin/yoga and Ryder included), 

THANK YOU for welcoming me back, for each and every adjustment, for the smiles and the hugs, but most of all, for just letting me be me.


No comments: