Monday, August 13, 2012

Hi again! -Haylee

Hi everyone!  Once again, beyond behind in posting.  Here are some highlights.

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and still feeling quite awful.  I am beginning to think one of two things:  the "sweet spot" people talk about straight up missed me & my body just isn't made for this Ninja carrying stuff OR those of you who speak to it are full of caca.  Yes, caca.   

Coupled with feeling like the above (you pick- awful, caca etc...) I am still not sleeping.  My body aches.  I am officially swelling-  oh wait, it gets better....  It is only my right arm and hand that are swelling and it is tricky, I don't actually SEE the swelling because it is happening close to my tendons.  So, at least 5 times through the night my whole arm and hand go numb (that is the swelling, who knew).  Apparently the "remedy" to this is to sleep in wrist splint.  I am adding it to my list. 

My hips and legs are so achy and not much seems to help there.  I have a tire belly which makes me think the Ninja is hanging out somewhere closer to my spine and guts just chilling with his or her swords and throwing stars.  Maybe at this point stretching his or her long legs to kick my hips? 

Now, don't get me wrong.  I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I wouldn't change this.  However, I do have the right to get annoyed, frustrated & make fun of my situation so I don't lose it. 

Here is the silver lining.  We will get to see our Ninja for the first time in 3 & 4D on the 30th of this month.  We will also find out if the Warrior inside me is a Ninja or Ninjetta (feel free to weigh in on your thoughts as to what you think- could be fun).  I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this appointment.  Since our last ultrasound we have only gotten to hear Ninjas heartbeat, so he or she can try & hide, but I know the Ninja is strong. 

A huge thank you to those of you who continue to make me smile, laugh and feel incredibly loved.  I know this Ninja is going to be one lucky kid with all of you in his or her life.  I know I sure am!!

A sweet surprise from Sara left on my desk at work.  Thank you so much. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sweet spot was not till about 22 weeks and only lasted 2-3 weeks. I'm at 27 now and still get a lot of caca days :)