Monday, August 20, 2012

Accumulation - Molly

I have spent many days this summer crying.

It has been over the past few weeks that I have cried the most though. The tears were endless and uncontrollable. They were crocodile tears.

Our dear friends' dog lost her battle on Friday. At 6 years old she passed away and even as I type this, I get welled up.


Unfortunately, we knew that this day was coming sooner than later. And together, Jason and I, have contemplated our own lives without our little red dog in it. 

I get a bit surprised at myself (and at Jason) at how emotional we have been with this subject. After all that we have been through, you would think that we would be tougher.

But I am going to chalk this up to "accumulation".

I think our tears were not only for our friends and their loss, but for our own loss this summer.

Our hearts have been heavy for so long. 

Saying good-bye to Kaylee Bel has helped us say good-bye to Grace.

The "accumulation" was built up, but now it has spilled over. 

And our tears will only be tears because we knew them, not because they are gone.




There has been a lot of loss this summer. 
Loss that was too early and could be considered unfair.

But as we (and our dear friends) move forward we are reminded of the plan that our Father in Heaven has for us. 

And we find comfort in knowing our loved ones are together and waiting for us. Their purpose on this earth is over and a new one has begun. 




Forever in our hearts......

No comments: