Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update- Haylee

Hi all!

I have been busy in the crazy catch up work wise after the Holidays and trying my best to enjoy my "mandatory month off of fertility".  At first glance I was very happy.  It was almost like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I could try to relax on the fertility front.  

However, about week 2 while taking my morning vitamins and herbs I got really pissed off.  What pissed me off is when I looked at my Prenatal vitamins.  I had that crazy conversation not just in my head but to the bottle of Prenatal vitamins.  A song comes to mind, "What have you done for me lately".... I made a decision I will call my "rebellion", I stopped taking those Prenatal posers.  Ok, ok, I know- they are helping but I was just so mad all the sudden.  Prenatal vitamins are not cheap.  Not to mention I already take about 10 vitamins and herbs everyday.  I feel healthy.  And still nothing.  Again, I digress.

I also started reading a book that Molly recommended, "Every Drunken Cheerleader, Why Not Me".  I have not been able to read the entire book yet, but so far it is really good.  It reminds me none of us going through fertility issues are alone.  Right now I just feel like plane number 5 scheduled for take off in God only knows when.

Good news on the regroup meeting with Dr. M.  Originally we were not able to get an appointment with her until January 27th, but she had an opening and now we will see her on January 11th.  I am both scared and excited to see what she thinks the next step is in our journey.  I will be sure to post after we meet with her!

In the mean time I am so grateful for the love and support from our families, friends and readers.  Without you guys I am not sure where we would be, so again, I will say-  my cup runneth over

Cheers (with wine, yum) to 2012 my friends!

Thought it appropriate to finally add a pic of Molly and I.  We had a great double sushi date with our amazing husbands before they jetted off to Hawaii. 


4 comments:

Haley said...

Hayley, I'm one of your silent blog followers and I just wanted to let you know how wonderful you and Molly are. I haven't previously commented, but this morning I wanted to just take a minute to tell you that I know there will be a happy ending for you both. I have many close friends that have struggled with infertility. They each of course have a different story, but all are now experiencing the joy of parenthood!
Two of my friends (Joyce and Katrina) tried for about 10 years. Katrina finally got pregnant and the doctors told her to hurry up and have babies fast because the window might not be open for long.. she now has 4 little girls all within a year of each other. Joyce found out by chance that she was fertile once every year.. each of her 4 children were born during the same week in January.
My cousin Eden and my friend Amy both had 1 baby without issue, but then tried for years and couldn't have another. Eden just had her 2nd.. after 7 years of trying, and Amy just adopted a little boy 4 months ago after 6 years of trying.
After 8 years of trying Jill finally found out what was going on (shots in the belly every day)and she and her husband now have 2 little girls.
Rachel also tried for years and in the last 2 years she and her husband have adopted a baby girl and just before christmas a baby boy.
Alex and her husband also tried for 7 or 8 years and then evtually decided to adopt. They now have adopted 3 little boys. They still have never used birth control and still aren't sure what exactly the problem is, but she told me once that she wished she had adopted sooner, because she had so many difficult years that could've been happy years.
Long comment.. I know, but I just wanted you to know that there will be a happy ending. You can and will have a baby and you will love being a mom!
Thank you for being so honest about the difficulties you are facing.. we each have trials and each need encouragement through those trials. Even though mine and yours are different, I am grateful to read of your strength and faith. You inspire me.

Haley said...

Haylee- I'm so sorry I spelled your name wrong... from one Haley to another Haylee, nobody ever gets mine right either ;)

STILL not pregnant said...

Haley,
Thank you so much for your comment and support! And never worry about the name, usually I don't even notice! haha Much love!

Jen said...

Can't wait to hear the outcome from 1/11 meeting. Love you so much and will keep waiting for the great news. It will be coming...
Love,
The future Aunt Jen