Friday, January 27, 2012

A Different Day 1 - Molly

I spent all of Thursday at home waiting for FedEx to deliver my drugs. First box came at 8:30am. Second one was delivered around 3pm. Both boxes had contents that needed to be put in the fridge ASAP. I then spent the morning devising my checklist for the next 2 weeks. Time of shots in the AM and PM, time of appointments at CCRM and when new doses would possibly occur in the schedule. I am trying to be as organized as possible.

my IVF checklist

Gonal-F and Cetrotide must stay cool

all of my syringes, alcohol wipes, Gonal-F pens, Menopur, Tetracycline, Dexamethosone
The side effects I can most likely expect are:
  1. headaches
  2. breast tenderness (don't touch me Jason!)
  3. abdominal bloating
  4. abdominal discomfort
  5. fluid retention
  6. mood swings (watch out Jason!)
  7. shortness of breath (I live a mile high, great.)
  8. weight gain of more than 3 lbs in any given day (sweatpants here I come!)
  9. difficulty in general mobility (why I am not teaching)


My current tan belly (thanks to Hawaii). Sad to think of all of the bloating that's about to take place. Sigh.










Morning dose - 2 vials of Menopur. But first, I have to mix it. That's right folks. Mixing up my drugs here. One mL of saline with 2 vials of Menopur. Then I switch out the needles and inject it. I will start with my right side today and then alternate each day. I better write that on my checklist so I don't forget!
updated list



Menopur
self portrait - not very accurate, but that's where the shot is going
Tonight I will take the Gonal-F, 150 units and one pill of dexamethosone.
The Menopur and Gonal-F are FSH, LH drugs - stimulating hormones. The Dexamethosone suppresses my DHEA (male hormone).

For all of my friends, and any woman out there who has put themselves through this - with and without a positive result, I APPLAUD YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you, Molly!!!!
-Sarah W8

Katie said...

Hey! You're fridge is starting to look like ours with all of Garrett's diabetic drugs! We have a whole cabinet by our stairs full of medical supplies.

I know all this will be worth it because you will have a perfect little one at the end!

Johnson Family said...

You are a brave girl, that needle looks scary! I hope for you (and Jason) you don't have very many of those side effects.
~K
xoxox

Pat K. said...

I've been following your blog since I saw you in Hawaii. I am very proud and excited for both you and Jason. My prayers will be with you daily. You can do this!!! May God watch over you!! Hope to see you in Denver sometime soon.