|my IVF checklist|
|Gonal-F and Cetrotide must stay cool|
|all of my syringes, alcohol wipes, Gonal-F pens, Menopur, Tetracycline, Dexamethosone|
- breast tenderness (don't touch me Jason!)
- abdominal bloating
- abdominal discomfort
- fluid retention
- mood swings (watch out Jason!)
- shortness of breath (I live a mile high, great.)
- weight gain of more than 3 lbs in any given day (sweatpants here I come!)
- difficulty in general mobility (why I am not teaching)
My current tan belly (thanks to Hawaii). Sad to think of all of the bloating that's about to take place. Sigh.
Morning dose - 2 vials of Menopur. But first, I have to mix it. That's right folks. Mixing up my drugs here. One mL of saline with 2 vials of Menopur. Then I switch out the needles and inject it. I will start with my right side today and then alternate each day. I better write that on my checklist so I don't forget!
|self portrait - not very accurate, but that's where the shot is going|
The Menopur and Gonal-F are FSH, LH drugs - stimulating hormones. The Dexamethosone suppresses my DHEA (male hormone).
For all of my friends, and any woman out there who has put themselves through this - with and without a positive result, I APPLAUD YOU!