If you read my post earlier, read it again. I felt there was more to say.
Day One was 12/31. Happy New Year to me. Picked up my birth control and thus begins 21 days of "not getting pregnant". It's going to be a nice break for a change.
We had a great holiday. We spent it with my husband's family in South Carolina. We drove so that Penny could participate in the celebrations. She is a great traveler. We stopped in Tulsa, ate some chicken fried steak, in Memphis ate some BBQ, Atlanta, ate some Bojangles Biscuits (my first time), and then we finally made it to South Carolina. Whew! Did I mention the boxes of Hot Tamales I consumed over the drive? 4 total. Two there, two back.
We enjoyed our time with the family. I LOVE my nieces and nephews. They were so awesome with Penny. It was neat to see what our future could/will look like one day.
My husband and I took the kids to a matinee. Alvin and the Chipmunks "Chipwrecked". Oh, it was 90 minutes of our lives we won't ever get back. But the kids loved it and that is why we went. On the way home my niece (6 yrs old) accidentally called me Mom. She corrected herself and then asked, "why don't you guys have any kids?"
I have been waiting for that question - for almost 3 years.
We just responded gently with "We're trying! Would you like some cousins?" I didn't want to spoil the mood and go into details. After all, she is only 6 and my nephew is almost 4.
Broke my heart just a little though.
So here are my resolves for the New Year:
- Approach IVF with gusto. Do whatever it takes to make it as successful as we can.
- Be hopeful that if it doesn't work the first time, that it will work eventually.
- Stay optimistic that we are doing the right thing, with the right doctor, in the right manner.
- Follow all the rules. If it means bed rest, gluten-free, no exercise or travel - whatever, I WILL DO IT.
I hope that:
- I won't have to buy anymore tampons - I am so tired of tampons. Hopefully this box from Costco is the last of them for a while.
- No more home pregnancy tests - only blood from now on.
- No more birth control - yuck!
- I can do enough exercise to not turn into a giant blob - but if I have to, bring on the Taco Bell!
- By the time we ring in the new year 2013, I have a giant swollen belly.
So we are kicking off the year (since I am not currently pregnant) with a cleanse
Wish us luck on that as well.