Today is my last day of birth control. Hallelujah!
For the past 3 weeks I have been regulating my cycle using birth control.
There have been some pros and some cons to the last 3 weeks.
- Pro - I, We can have sex whenever we choose and we don't have to think/worry about "what day it is.
- Pro - My skin has cleared up nicely. Again, this usually is never an issue, but with our trip to Hawaii, there was A LOT of sunscreen piled on each day. YUCK!
- Pro - My boobs are HUGE! My husband has quite loved that aspect.
- Pro - It makes us one step closer in the IVF process.
- Pro - I got to feel cool carrying around my little birth control pouch, like I was actually trying to prevent pregnancy.
- Pro - One less pill to take!
- Con - I had a lot of break through bleeding. Not cool.
- Con - I could feel the 5 pounds of water weight just swirling around my stomach. It was like a permanent floaty was attached to my hips.
- Con - No chance of a Hawaii Baby. I will just have to settle for a boring old petri dish baby.
- Con - We are one step closer to IVF, which means no turning back (unless they cancel the cycle). I already put down our deposit. YIKES!
- Con - More pills and now SHOTS!
- Con - My boobs are HUGE! And my husband won't leave me or them alone.
Wednesday the 25th is my first ultrasound. I will be pairing that with more bloodwork (my poor veins)!
On Friday I start my injections. Then my nice little walnut sized ovaries will plump up until they are the size of lemons. Sounds delightful!