Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Our Forever Began.....

What a whirlwind of a weekend. We were lucky to have our families come out for the sealing and blessing of Bo and Annie. It was an occasion I have only dreamed about. I used to imagine how I would feel, what would be said and the joy that would surround us.

My dreams came true. The exceeded expectation. The joy was SO great, I am still recovering from the emotional overload.

The weekend started out with Bo and Annie's 8 week appointment. My babies are growing! Bo weighed in at a whooping 11 pounds 10.5 ounces and is 22" long. Annie was bigger than I thought at 10 pounds 1.5 ounces and is 21" long.




 



They are starting to sleep a longer stretches and becoming more consistent with our routine. Smiles are starting to show, especially in the early mornings. Annie is more expressive, while Bo has a shy smile. Both warm your hearts and make all of the hard work worth it.

The doctor was very impressed with their size and developmental skills for being twins. I attribute that to Ashley and her excellent oven.

They also had to get 3 shots each. I was more nervous than I thought I was going to be. The babes however, rocked them. One big, but silent cry/scream....then complete silence followed by a nap. After, I needed an ice cream and a nap myself.

I was glad that Jason could be there with me. It was the first of many milestones.

The next day the family showed up.

Rob, Ashley, the kids and in-laws showed up first. We took them to breakfast, checked them into their AirBnB (down the street from our house) and spent time with the babes.



While the babes slept, the family visited the butterfly museum, picked up Uncle Jake and rested. Then my family showed up. First on their list was helping out with the babies. Brody couldn't wait to hold them, sing to them, kiss them...


We had a nice family dinner, spent time playing cards and just enjoying each others company. It was nice to have everyone together.

Saturday was the main event. Our sealing.

We gathered at the temple in the morning. We were surrounded by friends and the Spirit. It was an incredibly beautiful experience.














The weather may have not been perfect, but the day, the moment was. I had only attended one sealing before this, so I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect to feel SO much. 

It felt like the other side of the veil. It felt like Heaven. It felt like the arms of my Savior were wrapped tight around me, around us. It felt warm and magical. 

It felt final.

We made it. 

Our Forever began that day.

1 comment:

RC Cola said...

Love, Love this. There is nothing better in this life then these blessings, feelings, and knowledge we have as we enter the temple for special occasions in life. So happy for you guys.