Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Grateful and Thankful Day 7 - Molly


Today I am grateful and thankful for sweat.

Drippy, salty, sweet, warm sweat.

The kind of sweat that turns your face red and burns slightly.

The kind of sweat that makes you ache for a towel to wipe it every second of the workout.

I have learned to crave that kind of sweat.
It's addicting.
It's incredibly gratifying.

That kind of sweat can relieve so much stress.
The kind of sweat that makes you feel strong and powerful, not fearful.
The kind of sweat that can only bring happiness and a smile to my face.
 
It lifts so much off of my shoulders each and every day.
It clears my mind.
It keeps me positive.
It keeps me moving forward.
 
And it keeps me sane. 
So much swirls around in my head every day, if I didn't have my workouts I would be a basket case. 

I am very lucky to have a husband who works hard to provide us.
A husband that allows me to devote my entire day/week to fitness.

It's a nice way to spend my day, even if it means a few showers a day and lots of extra loads of laundry.

So today, and well everyday for that matter, I am grateful and thankful for sweat.





No comments: