Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grateful and Thankful 19 & 20 - Molly

I figured I better lump some of these up, especially if I want to print this out one day. Need to condense it some. Anyways, I have a few things to be grateful and thankful for considering yesterday and today.

November 19th:

I am grateful and thankful that my mother taught me how to clean a house well. I was blessed with a bit of OCD and anal retentiveness on how my house it cleaned/organized. It also helps that I am married to an Asian (ok, only 1/2 Asian) man. He keeps me on my toes.
But I owe my ability and desire for a clean house to my mother. We definitely had our fair share of chores growing up. And thanks to my mom, I can't and won't leave the house without making my bed, even when it's a 6am workout.


November 20th:

Again, this one goes out to my mother. Not only did she teach me how to keep house, but she also taught me some very handy kitchen skills. I am no Bobby Flay, but I have an ability and a desire to cook for my family. I like to cook, bake, grill and experiment. The nights Jason is out of town, it can get a little interesting, but I make it work. I also love that Jason can fly in, come home and have dinner on the table (I think he likes it too). 

So yesterday and today made me extremely grateful and thankful for my mother. 
She taught me well.

And I hope one day I get to do the same.


No comments: