Monday, May 14, 2012

Reassurance Appointments - Molly

I had my first "reassurance appointment" today. Basically, anytime (as many times as I want) I get a little "anxious" I can call my perinatologist and they will squeeze me in for a quickie ultrasound. So today, with the lack of nausea, I called in. All I needed was a little look at the flutter of the heart and I was good to go. Closing in on 9 weeks now, still seems like there is SO long to go until the fun really starts happening. 

On Wednesday I will lower my meds once again. Two patches of estrogen and 1 suppository of progesterone in the pm, 1mL shot of PIO in the am and 3 doses of Estrace (estrogen). On Friday I will give blood again to see if my levels can stabilize themselves. I have got to get my meds under control by the end of the first trimester. 

Otherwise I am feeling fine and for that, I am grateful. We are in the middle of a bathroom remodel, so my sanity is being tested. Luckily, we do have a second bathroom, but it is upstairs. My multiple pees in the middle of the night are a bit more difficult. 

Three weeks. I can bear it for 3 weeks. 




1 comment:

Devon T. said...

So glad the little Bat is hanging in there and you were able to see him/her again. That was one good thing about being a hi-risk pregnancy - you get to see your little one way more often.

Is there a medical reason you need to get your meds figured out by the end of the first trimester? Although I'm sure it has a lot to do with being exhausted by it. Still thinking about you and sending good vibes to the belly. <3