Monday, April 2, 2012

Temple Night and A Blessing - Molly

We are getting ready to head off to our appointment. Before we left, I wanted to post about our weekend and how we have been preparing for this day. On Friday night, Jason and I attended a session at the Denver Temple. We usually go once a month, but this night was special. It was our last session before the transfer.

Blossoms and blue skies at the Temple

What a great way to spend a date night

The temple is a special place. It is a place we can go to feel closer to our Heavenly Father and gain a better understanding of where we came from, why we are here and what happens when this life is over. When I attend the temple I always feel so much peace, calm and understanding. I know that things are going to be alright. Being there with Jason is even better. We get a chance to renew our love and commitment to each other and to our Heavenly Father. I am so glad we got to go before our transfer. It was exactly what I needed.


On Saturday night, we had some friends over to help Jason give me a Priesthood Blessing. Again, for those who are unaware of what that is, it is a chance for Jason to exercise his authority and give me a blessing so that I may feel peace and comfort. It was a really special blessing not only in the words that Jason said, but in the fact that we were able to have some good friends take part. To feel such love and support from people that we are still getting to know was such a fantastic feeling. 


I do feel comforted and I am at peace. I know that one journey is over and a new one is beginning today. We have a long road ahead. I am not sure where we are going - yet, but we are going to get there. 

And I know that we are not alone.


1 comment:

Terri said...

I wish you love, peace, that the righteous desires of your hearts will be met, that you will be surrounded (as you are) by loving friends and family praying with you for the things you desire.

lets see you as parents here and now

amen