Thursday, January 12, 2012

Next stop, IVF..... Haylee

Wow.  What a day.  I am currently at a point of not knowing how to organize everything in my brain.  This to me is quite funny considering I knew what Dr. M was going to say today.  It has just hit me so hard.  I have no words.  I am still hopeful, she is amazing and we are in the best hands in the US, however, it is so much to take in.  Maybe it is that reality of I am unable to successfully have a baby without this help and controlled atmosphere of IVF.  Maybe it is all the decisions you have to make and plan for.  I don't even know what to say besides babble. 

I just wanted to log on and let you all know how today turned out.  Once Joe and I have marinated on this for a bit longer, it is my hope I can put something more than babble into the blog. 

We will move forward with IVF, there is no doubt.  However, when we will move forward is up in the air.  My initial thought and what we decided today was right away.  That may change tomorrow though.  We may want to hold off one more month.  Who knows. 

As for now, here are some pics of the mass amounts of information we received today (I even left out 3 of the pages, not because I don't want to share them, but at a certain point it is over kill).  It will all look like Japanese for those of you who have never been through this, for those of you who have you will be able to make it all out. 
Ovulation Induction Flowsheet


Path of IVF cont.

This is the path of IVF





% of birth defects & cancer
chromosome & genetic screening

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have totally been there!!! I actually left our first IVF appointment feeling like I understood everything...then I got home and as I reflected I realized that I remembered/understood nothing. Just know that ultimately you put one foot in front of the other, guided by knowledgable, trustworthy doctors. And remember that even with a "little" medical intervention, there is a whole lot of nature at play. Once you are pregnant, you are like everyone else. I will be thinking about you, and please know that I am one of the many who are here for you and Joe. Love to you both, Anna

STILL not pregnant said...

Yes, you can most def understand Anna!
I totally understand IVF, I am just struggling with the emotional side of it- being a chick and the intense scheduling! Holy mother of the Lord. haha
Your story keeps me hopeful. Thank you for your continued love and support.