Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Motto for 2012 - Molly

Goodbye 2011! Bring it on 2012!
I spent my Sunday putting together our holiday card. We had a little family photo session last weekend, so it's going to be more of a "Happy New Years" card then a "Merry Christmas" card. As I was scouring the TinyPrints (they are my fav) website, one card really stood out to me. It was just a photo card, but on the back it had some writing - THE BEST IS YET TO COME! It was in a beautiful, colorful scribble. It got me thinking.....

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

I am not going to lie, 2011 was sort of a let down in the baby department. But as I sat there and put together our card, it got me thinking about "our year". We had a great year. We did some amazing things and went to some amazing, beautiful and unforgettable places. We worked on our little house and transformed the backyard. We enjoyed Colorful Colorado and all the wonders it offers. We deepened relationships with new friends, recommitted to our old ones and reached out and foraged new ones. We spent time with our precious niece and nephews, enjoying each and every one of their smiling faces. Most importantly, we clung to each other. Despite the hiccups, bumps in the road, disappointing days and months, we only grew closer. I have never felt so loved and so supported by my husband. On the days I was most ready to give up, throw in the towel and drown in my own sorrows, he was there to lift me up. He not only lifted me up, he held me up there and would not let me fall. I have never been so in love with my husband. He is everything to me.

So as we approach IVF next month-  the drugs, the limitations, the mood swings, the tears and possibly the hope of....well, of something more. I am trying to remember this:

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

6 comments:

Scott Stephens said...

Absolutely. The best is yet to come, and when it finally arrives, you will probably be the best mom ever. And I know this for sure because you are one of the best water polo coaches ever, and there is a direct correlation to coaching water polo and having bad ass kids. Miss you and wish you the best of luck!
love scotty

Alecia said...

Absolutely the best is yet to come!

Alecia said...

Absolutely the best is yet to come!

Terri said...

your attitude rocks - I'm inspired

Unknown said...

I feel like my story this year was just told through you ! We to had a hell of a year but like you my husband and I have grown so close through out it all. I pray for you and your family that you will have success. We are on the journey again as soon as my body recovers from the last MC. Not sure if that is a January start or Feb. Hope we both end the year with a little one !

Liz said...

Love your attitude and love you!!