Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This is me, Molly

Despite our difficulties in getting pregnant/keeping a pregnancy, I am grateful for the life I have. 



Wedding 2007
Italy - 2009
Penny 2010
Paris - 2008
  1. My relationship with my husband has only gotten stronger. When we got married we dreamed big about having "our" time together before baby comes. I don't even know why we went on birth control, he traveled 5 days a week. Hindsight is always 20/20. I wish we would have never tried to prevent pregnancy, but then again, I am grateful for the time we have had to build and strengthen our marriage.
  2. We have gone places and done things we would have never had done if we had had kids. We have traveled to some amazing places. London, Paris, Belgium, Italy, Greece and Turkey. Multiple trips to Hawaii and stateside cities have quenched our thirst for adventure. I am glad we have had the opportunity to do these things.
  3. We got our dog Penny. If we would have had a baby, we would have never of gotten our vizsla Penny. She is the light of our lives. She is our baby. She has given me someone to love and take care of. 
  4. The chance I had to study and now teach yoga. It was always something that sounded cool to do, but I would have never have taken the leap to enroll in training and teach multiple styles of yoga. I have met so many amazing people in the yoga studio. I have nourished so many relationships based on the common ground of a yoga mat. 
  5. The faith, understanding and sensitivity I have gained from my personal trials. People don't talk about miscarriage or infertility. It is a lonely place. Having a baby is a total and complete miracle. It is an amazing gift from Heaven and people are way to casual about it. I have felt Heavenly Father's presence in my life, especially when I was at my lowest. I know He loves me and I know there is a special plan out there for me and my family. One day, I will meet my children in Heaven and I will know, raise and love them. We will all be together one day.
It's funny how things in life lead you to meet different people. Friendships start, some change or grow closer and others become distant. I met Haylee in the yoga studio. We were teaching back to back. One day I noticed that Haylee seemed uncomfortable, so I asked what was wrong. Who would have known that the conversation that happened next would lead us to such a strong bond/friendship. Together we have laughed, cried, screamed and well, let's just say we have felt every emotion one can feel. We lean on each other though. This blog is the next step. The step in letting others into "our world", what we feel each and every day. And maybe, just maybe someone else will get something out of all our hurt and all of our joy.

Yes, there will be joy. One day, there will be a lot of joy. 

No comments: