Friday, August 31, 2012

Proof is in the Pudding - Molly

CONGRATS to Haylee and Joe and their sweet little boy on the way! I am eating crow because I was certain it was a girl.


In preparations for my upcoming whole30, I have been eating VERY clean during the week and only allowing cheat meals on the weekend.

Well, Wednesday night I broke down. Big time.

It had been a busy day. Penny and were up early to hike a few miles with friends, we followed that by a swim at the lake (Penny not me), then I hit up a CrossFit class at Verve and finally I had to teach spin/yoga (30 min spin, 30 min yoga). If you know my classes at all, we also throw about 10 min of core in the middle.

I had eaten clean that day. Good portions, but no snacks. Lots of veggies, meats, some fruit - I was feeling good. I had also had a protein shake. I was on a roll.

Then the wheels came off.

I got home after class and didn't have anything "prepped" in the fridge and frankly, I didn't feel like it.

I WANTED A BURRITO.

It started out as wanting Taco Bell, but luckily the drive-thru line was too long. Then it turned into Chipotle. I wanted a carnitas burrito with lots of green tabasco sauce on it. And chips.....YUM!

There is a Chipotle a few blocks from my house, so I put the pups (Penny is having a sleepover) in the car and rushed over. I could barely contain myself....I was so hungry.


I ATE IT ALL.
the whole thing.....in my belly

There is something to be said for what you put into your body. And even though Chipotle burritos are a "better choice" than Taco Bell - the result was the same.

UGH! I was in agony Thursday morning. ABSOLUTE AGONY.

The chips, the rice and probably the salt wrecked me (my rings were tight today).

So folks, the proof is in the pudding - literally (leave it up to your imagination how my digestive system felt). You get out....what you put in.

I can't wait to see what the end of September holds for us - and for all of you who are joining me!

GOOD LUCK!




No comments: